If you are a rookie to fishing, then you may think that you will only need nets and hooks and you are already good to go. Well, it is not just that. There are so many other accessories that you will need to have a smooth and successful fishing trip. Among of which is a pair of fishing pliers. However, with a variety of it, getting one is a challenge. But don’t fret for in this post we have already narrowed down your options to three of the best fishing pliers on the market today. We will compare their features, advantages, and disadvantages to help you decide on which one to get.
Top Three Picks for the Best Fishing Pliers for 2018
A pair of fishing pliers will make it easy for you to unhook a fish instead of using your hands and fingers. You can use it to tighten hooks, flatten hook barbs, cut fishing lines, and grab lines. No matter the type of fishing, you will need a pair of pliers with you.
Piscifun Aluminum Fishing Pliers
Ben and Peter founded Piscifun in 2013. They are the best of friends who had a passion for family and fishing. Thus, the company slogan “Go with Family.” Their brand is dedicated to offering affordable and high-quality fishing gear so families can enjoy their time on the water.
Piscifun Aluminum Fishing Pliers have durable titanium-coated stainless steel jaws and carbide cutters which are made up of tungsten. They have a coiled lanyard, a nylon sheath, and belt loop clasp for convenience and safety of use. They are made of high-quality aircraft-grade anodized aluminum that makes them anti-corrosion. Moreover, they have ergonomic machine-cut aluminum handles for comfortable grip and are also spring-loaded, which keeps them open and allows you to use them with just one hand.
- Add Piscifun fishing pliers to your fishing arsenal. Make your hook removal much easier. Fish on!
- Anti-Corrosion Aluminum - The aircraft-grade anodized aluminum delivers excellent corrosion resistance, great for long term use without any signs of oxidation and rust. CNC cut handles offer extreme light feeling and durability.
- Spring Loaded Pliers - Keeps the pliers open freely, super easy to use by one hand. The titanium coated stainless steel jaws come with split ring tip, strong enough for removing hooks and splitting rings.
- Tungsten Carbide Cutters - The Sharpest Tungsten Carbide Cutters (which are fully replaceable) of any pliers on the market, make it extremely easy to cut the strongest braided lines, the heaviest mono leader, the fly lines and backing lines.
- Excellent Carrying Around Pliers - Come with Nylon Sheath, Coiled Lanyard and Belt Loop Clasp makes the pliers extremely convenient to carry around and secure with you. The Belt Loop on the back of the sheath makes it safer when being attached to the belt.
- These pliers can easily and safely remove hooks.
- Their replaceable sharp cutters can cut mono line, tough braid fishing line, backing line, and fly line.
- The Piscifun Aluminum Fishing Pliers are convenient and safe to carry around because they come with sheath and lanyard.
- This pair of pliers is fully rust-proof and can be used in freshwater and saltwater.
- They are lightweight making them easy to bring on long fishing trips.
- These pliers are not easy to bend and can split rings quickly.
- This product is spring-loaded, making it easy for you to use it with just one hand.
- The blades or jaws can have misalignment issues.
Wolfyok Aluminum Fishing Pliers
Wolfyok was established in 2015, and they have been selling high-quality outdoor equipment which focuses on hammocks and other related accessories. The company wants to bring the outdoor sports and wolf nature into life.
The Wolfyok Aluminum Fishing Pliers are made up of aluminum alloy material. They have titanium-coated stainless steel jaws and split ring openers. Their replaceable carbide cutter is made up of tungsten. Furthermore, this pair of pliers is compact and lightweight. This tool is great not just for fishing but kayaking and boating as well. These pliers can also be used as a backup tool!
- Aluminum and Corrosion Resistant: Wolfyok Fishing Pliers made from aluminum alloy material for a great capability of saltwater resistance. No rust, no corrosion
- Durable Stainless Steel Jaws: Our titanium - coated stainless steel jaws which is more durable, split ring design provides easy removal of rings from a bait or hook
- Replaceable Tungsten Carbide Cutters: Super sharp tungsten carbide cutters with exceptional cutting power, making it extremely easy to cut the strongest braided lines and heaviest mono leader
- Ergonomic Design: Special anti-slip and spring loaded handle designs make it easy to cut fishing line and remove the hook, a helpful tool for fishermen.
- Never Lost: Comes with a wire coiled lanyard and woven nylon sheath, which is convenient for fishermen to store and use safely. The nylon sheath protects the pliers from being scratched. You will never lost your pliers
- Due to their aluminum alloy material, the Wolfyok Aluminum Fishing Pliers are saltwater-resistant. They do not rust or corrode either.
- They have a sharp cutter that can easily cut mono line, braided fishing line, and fluorocarbon line.
- They are made up of aircraft-grade aluminum, which gives them their no-rust and no-corrosion features.
- This pair of pliers has stainless steel jaws coated with titanium, which makes it durable.
- The rings can be easily removed from a hook or bait.
- The pliers come with a woven nylon sheath and a wire-coiled lanyard for easy carry and convenient use.
- They have durability and alignment issues.
Booms Fishing H1 Fishing Pliers
Booms Fishing focus on discovering, developing, and supplying all kinds of outdoor sports products. They insist on creating green, natural, lively products that bring more comfort, convenience, and environmental protection.
The classically designed Booms Fishing H1 Fishing Pliers come in three colors. Their jaws can be used as a split ring opener. They have sharp cutters with a lock. They also utilize a combo of a 6.5-inch fish pliers and gripper. Additionally, these fishing pliers are made up of stainless steel and are spring-loaded, at the same time lightweight, which makes them advisable for young anglers.
- [Classic and Basis] H1 is the first fishing pliers of Booms Fishing, with classical design and basic functions, which can help solve general problems in fishing
- [Usable Pliers Jaws in Fishing] H1 fishing pliers works as a tool pliers, which can hold objects firmly and crimp shot split lead. It is featured as split ring opener, with which you can repair your lure
- [Sharp Cutters with Pliers Lock] A fishing pliers design with a sharp line cutter and a small wire cutter, a pliers lock to keep pliers in close when it is not open
- [Spring Loaded Small Size] The spring loaded in the handle provide a better operation when it is just 6.5 inches small fishing pliers
- [Stainless Steel Construction] H1 is basic fishing pliers design for young anglers. So this light pliers cannot afford heavy load. Please use it in freshwater and keep it clean and dry
- The Booms Fishing H1 Fishing Pliers are stainless pliers that can last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- This product comes with a coiled lanyard for safe and convenient use and storage.
- These pliers are a combination of fishing pliers and a fish gripper for landing a fish as well as protecting your hands.
- The pliers can hold objects firmly and can open split rings.
- The material is poor in quality and may not be stainless steel because it would bend and rust.
- These pliers are not advisable to use in saltwater.
After a thorough discussion about the best fishing pliers popular on the market today, which one will you now bring with you on your next fishing trip?
Our top pick is the Piscifun Aluminum Fishing Pliers because of their durability. They have titanium-coated stainless steel jaws, and their carbide cutter is made up of tungsten. They are also fully rust-proof and can be used in saltwater and freshwater.
The Wolfyok Aluminum Fishing Pliers, on the other hand, is a cheaper option. This pair of pliers is created using aluminum alloy material which neither rust nor corrode. They come with a woven nylon sheath and a wire-coiled lanyard for easy carry and convenient use. However, they have durability and alignment issues.
The cheapest among all three products is the Booms Fishing H1 Fishing Pliers which are a combination of fishing pliers and a fish gripper. They can hold objects firmly and can open split rings, but the quality of the material is poor because they would rust and bend easily. Plus, they are not reliable to be used in saltwater.
People go fishing for so many reasons. Whether you are doing it as a source of livelihood, a profession, or even as a hobby, it is critical that you have the correct tools with you to get the best catch, or if none, at least the best experience. Just keep in mind that all pliers—all fishing tools for that matter—require regular maintenance to keep them in their best condition.
Also, depending on the type of fishing that you will do, consider the features that each of the product offers as well as their pros and cons, and choose the pair that will complement your needs. If you have done all these right plus a little luck, then your fishing trip will be nothing but success!