The underwater world is something that has not yet been explored that much because of a lot of complexities and hindrances. However, for those who love fishing, an underwater fishing camera can be the best purchase ever. There are so many different tools and gears that one can use on fishing expeditions, but an underwater camera might just be the most fun thing to have. When everything around is making the best out of technology, why not fishing? The best underwater fishing cameras can take your fishing game up a notch.
These cameras are, of course, entirely waterproof and are connected to an LCD screen through a cable. Some may even have a remote control for navigating the camera’s right, left, up, and down movements. That means that there is a lot of variety even with the most basic underwater camera systems. Nevertheless, the more money you put in, the more features you will get.
The great thing is that these camera systems are not limited to fishing expeditions. You can also use these for other purposes like aquatic research, filmmaking, aquaculture exploration, or just for fun. To get the perfect shot, though, it is important to keep two things in mind when looking for such a product—your needs and your budget.
Most of these cameras would be available in complete sets with screens, protectors, cables, and storage cases or bags. If you want to avoid a lot of researching and want your options narrowed down to just a few good ones, here are our top five picks for the best underwater fishing cameras:
Eyoyo Seven-Inch Color LCD Waterproof Video Camera
Eyoyo is a manufacturer based in the USA that is known for producing not just outdoor electronic products but also office electronic products. They have multiple items available for fishing, and one of them is the Eyoyo Seven-Inch Color LCD Waterproof Video Camera.
- Waterproof, fish model design and durable material on the camera body
- Cold-resistant, waterproof and pull-resistant cables
- 7 inch TFT color monitor with sun-visor for bright environment outside
- Color CCD and HD 600 TV lines of the camera, much more clear image than 420TV lines camera
- We recommend that when you are planning to purchase a Fishing Camera you check out the reviews on the bottom of this page. There are many detailed and informative reviews(not only 3-5 sentenced reviews)done by customers. You can see how they tested the Fishing Camera and receive valuable advice from them. We feel that checking these reviews before purchasing anything will help in your decision making.
As the name implies, this highly waterproof fishing camera has a seven inches wide colored LCD that has a total resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. The camera, as a whole, is made from strong sapphire glass and features 10 white LEDs that can be adjusted. Such makes it possible for you to make clear, sharp and detailed videos of fishes and other sea creatures even if it is not a bright day or the water is not clear enough. The lens has a diameter of 4mm and a view angle of 92 degrees. On the other hand, this camera weighs 3.55 pounds.
The 15-meter cable included in the package are made of pull-resistant materials so that you can maneuver it around easily. Likewise, the cable comes equipped with a wheel. It also comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last up to 10 hours when it has been fully charged. In addition, you will find an aluminum case and the float in the package. Also, this fishing video camera comes with a detailed guidebook to help users acquaint themselves with the settings.
The operating temperature range of this camera is from -20° C to 60° C which allows you to use it in most climates and regions around the world. Additionally, you can use it for a variety of things like diving, lake fishing, snorkeling, and exploring aquaculture.
- Clear view even in murky water
- Very easy to learn, use, and carry around
- Long-lasting battery life
- Compact design
- All parts and accessories made from durable materials
- Good value for money
- Long cable
- Can be operated in warm and cold water
- A little heavy
- Does not show remaining battery level
Eyoyo Portable Nine-Inch LCD Fishing Camera
As mentioned, Eyoyo produces quite a variety of camera systems for fishing. However, this one is perhaps the most powerful of them all. Obviously, the big screen is a clear advantage, but that is what makes it a tad bit pricier too in comparison with similar products from the same manufacturer. This product has the widest LCD screen measuring nine inches and displays ultra-high quality video.
- 9" LARGER COLOR MONITOR: The Image display more realistic and delicate, 9 inch TFT color monitor with removable sun-visor ideal for bright environments
- HD 1000TVL CAMERA with 12pcs INFRARED LEDS:Specially manufactured 1000TVL program chip and 12pcs IR LED Lights, fishes will be seen more clearly in the dark environment.
- DVR RECORDING FUNCTION: 8GB TF card included, you can record the underwater landscapes as your want.
- SPECIAL FISH SHAPE AND SILVER COLOR DESIGN: This unique design will not disturb the fish, it can Lure the fish close to.
- 5-6H WORKING TIME: 4000mAh high capacity rechargeable battery cell box included, It can also be used for LED Lights control.
The LCD monitor of the Eyoyo Portable Nine-Inch LCD Fishing Camera has a sharp color contrast and comes with a removable sun-visor. This 1000TVL HD camera is also equipped with 12 infrared LEDs that make the view field clearer and crisper regardless of the actual visibility of the water. What is ideal is that these lights can be adjusted as per your need. In addition, its waterproof rating is at IP68.
The best thing about this 11.4 x 9.4 x 5.5 inches and 5.39 pounds camera system for underwater shooting is that it also comes equipped with an 8GB TF storage card making it possible for you to store video clips directly whenever you need. The camera has a unique fish-like shape that not only makes movement a bit easier but also attracts fishes to come closer to the camera. As a result, you can shoot incredibly detailed videos of the fishes and underwater plants.
The 4000mah high-capacity rechargeable battery gives a total maximum duration of use from five to six hours. As per the cable that comes along with it, it measures 30 meters. The manufacturer also comes with a sturdy suitcase that provides the necessary protection.
- Reasonably priced and reliable
- Easy to carry around
- Big sized screen
- High-definition and detailed images or videos
- Lengthy cable
- Settings are easy to adjust
- Can be used in different lighting conditions
- High-capacity storage
- Short battery life
Anysun SONY CCD Underwater Fishing Camera
Anysun Inc. is an importer of high-quality China products that is based in California, USA. They have a list of several types of cameras and accessories.
- Underwater fishing Camera Sony CCD 1000TVL HD Video Camera 360 Degree View, OSD Menu Remote Control Fish Finder Camera
- 14 X high-power white lights for camera light source /The continuous using time of the battery is up to 10 hours/Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
- 7 inch TFT color monitor with sun-visor for bright environment outside(Brand new,and it's good Quality ,the Newest, the upgraded model)
- Cold-resistant, waterproof and pull-resistantcables /The available camera extension cable length:20m
- Ideal for monitoring aquaculture, underwater exploration, ocean/ice/lake fishing, underwater salvage, etc
If you are looking for something truly professional, the 10.35-pound Anysun Fishing Camera might just be the one you need. It features SONY CCD 1000 TVL HD camera that captures ultra-high quality imaging. It is also equipped with white lights that have a 14x high power level that will allow you to use this camera in situations wherein there is less visibility.
This camera has a sun visor-equipped TFT monitor that has a size of seven inches. It is completely waterproof and cold resistant, so you can shoot aquaculture videos even in colder temperatures. The camera is connected to a 20-meter long cable that is long enough to shoot video in a big lake or river. Also, this cable is quite strong and is pull-resistant. So, even if you were to record in a lake that is densely populated with fishes, you have no worries about the cord coming loose.
This camera also has 360-degree rotation capabilities which means that you can shoot videos from all angles. You can also control the movement via the remote control provided by the manufacturer. If you do not want to, then, you can set it to its auto-rotate mode. On another note, this product’s lithium-ion battery life can reach a maximum of 10 hours. Amazingly, all of this equipment comes with a secure and easy-to-carry suitcase.
- High-resolution images and videos
- Long lasting battery
- Superior cable length
- Sturdy case
- Effortless to carry around
- Can take photos at different angles
- Works in different lighting and temperature conditions
- Can be used in different bodies of water without hassles
- RCA and VGA jacks are absent
- Instructions in the manual are somewhat vague
Marcum Recon 5 Underwater Camera Viewing System
MarCum Technologies is a company that has been established by two anglers. It is known for continuously producing and designing underwater products for years.
- 5 inch widescreen flat panel 16:9 aspect ratio, Hi res color LCD
- Camera, cmos sensor, Darkwater LED and Infrared lighting
- 90 degree field of view with color kill
- 50 foot camera cable and on screen battery status, lithium battery w/6 hours of run time
- Display adjustments, brightness, contrast sharpness
The Marcum Recon 5 Underwater Camera System has a five inches wide LCD screen with an aspect ratio of 16:9. Such can also either be set into a colored or black-and-white mode. It also has a field of view of 90 degrees and a resolution of 720×240. In addition, the color contrast level on the LCD is bright and sharp enough to view everything in detail.
This product is also is equipped with color kill technology. Such technology is designed to help users clearly view images in water that has low or zero visibility. What is more interesting is that the manufacturer integrated it with infrared lighting and dark water LED for maximum visibility.
This camera has a size dimension of 10 x 4 x 12 inches and a listed weight of approximately two pounds, which make it great for someone who is a first timer in underwater videography and photography. With such a feature, one might not expect that the lithium-ion battery of this product can run for about six hours. Likewise, its cable length is nearly 16 meters.
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry around and store
- Clear and bright view on the LCD
- Suited for anglers
- Affordable as compared to others
- Handy case included
- Easy display adjustments
- Can be used in clear and unclear bodies of water
- Lesser visibility as compared with high-definition underwater camera systems
Aqua-Vu AV715c Underwater Camera
This product is manufactured by a company that has several years of experience making camera products, and are based in Minnesota. Their products are a favorite of people who go for open-water and ice fishing.
- IP67 Waterproof 7-inch full color high resolution LCD with screen protector/sunshield & RCA video out
- nti-Spook Fish Camera - Color Camera with auto low-light mode, adjustable IR lighting & 50-feet of cable
- Smart Power Management System Includes 12v 7.2ah battery & charger, plus Custom Storage Bag System- Fits 5-Gallon Bucket
- Built-in adjustable view fin for down viewing and side viewing.
The Aqua-Vu is another professional-quality underwater video camera system that has an RCA cable outlet and a seven inches wide LCD screen. Amazingly, it is equipped with a screen protector and has an IP67 waterproof rating. That means that you can be absolutely sure about its durability and reliability in all kinds of bodies of water.
The camera has an automatic low light mode and adjustable infrared lighting, as well as features a built-in adjustable view fin that allows side as well as down viewing. It also comes equipped with adjustable LED lights to allow you to see aquaculture at a decent distance. This will also help you when the water is not crystal clear, or there is not enough natural light. On another note, this product has a weight of 12 pounds, and comes with a custom storage bag that has ample space and long strap.
The battery that powers this product is 12 Volts and seven amps, which is, of course, rechargeable. However, the manufacturer integrated it with a so-called “smart power management feature” which will allow you to capture videos for a long time without plugging it in for charging. To add more, the connecting cable for the camera is made of high-quality materials and is approximately 16 meters or 50 feet long.
- Highly waterproof
- Easy to carry it along anywhere
- High visibility in different lighting conditions and water clarity
- Less power usage
- Clear image display
- A charger is also included.
- Great value for money
- Five-gallon bucket volume bag
- A bit heavy
- No temperature reading or display on the screen
Best Underwater Fishing Cameras: The Summary
The five underwater fishing cameras discussed above have been tried and tested by many experts and have mostly favorable reviews. Nevertheless, each camera will be suited for different types of needs and wants. With that said, if you want no compromise on camera quality, the Anysun Fishing Camera system is the one you should invest in. That is because it consumes less power and provides better visibility. It also has features that allow you adjust the lights according to the environment of water.
On the other hand, if you are on the search for something affordable, small, and powerful camera, go for the Marcum Recon 5 Underwater Camera Viewing System. Of course, if you want to view everything in a bigger screen and you are fond of capturing a high number of images and recording long videos, then the nine-inch fishing camera from Eyoyo will be your best bet. However, the seven-inch camera from the same manufacturer will give you a clearer display but not as detailed as the one that can be provided by the nine inches screen.
On another note, while most of these have very lengthy chords, it is important to know how much you will need based on where you intend to capture images and shoot videos. Apart from differences in the cable, each camera also works in different temperature ranges. Most of them can work fine a few degrees below zero, but you need something even stronger if you live too far from the equator. With that said, the Eyoyo Cameras have a fairly wide range of operating temperatures.