What makes the best fishing tackle box? Is it the many dividers? The different levels? The weight? Or the durability aspect? It is actually a mix of everything. Of course, you would not want to have a fishing tackle box that will give up on you in the middle of your fishing trip. You need something that will hold all your fishing materials and at the same time, can be used for other purposes you deem so.
There is also the issue of security. Will the latch be able to hold firmly? Is it easy to open? As you can conclude from the info provided, there are a lot of things to consider in choosing a fishing tackle box. Yes, it is not the main component of fishing, but it actually holds equally important things that will help you have a successful fishing trip.
With those in mind, you should have the best fishing tackle box to go with your best fishing rod. Hence, we will review three fishing tackle boxes. We will go through their features, as well as, the advantages and disadvantages of using them. In the end, you will know which is the best of the best.
Best Fishing Tackle Boxes: Our Top Picks
Below, you will surely find the box that will not let your hooks get tangled, and if ever you will put your baits in it, they will most definitely not escape.
1. Plano Three-Tray Tackle Box
This tackle box comes with a combination of moss green and off-white color. Its body is made of rugged plastic while the latch is made of brass bail that is extra strong. Its dimensions are 16 x 8 x 8 inches, and its total weight is 3.72 pounds. At the top area, it has an easy-to-carry handle which is also collapsible. It also has two top access areas with DuraView lenses.
Inside, there are three storage trays with divider compartments, which are adjustable. Specifically, it has 22 to 34 compartments. The bulk storage area can be used for storing pliers, fishing lines, soft plastic items, and other things.
- Fishing Equipment Tackle Bags And Boxes
- Three Cantilever Trays with 22 to 34 Compartments
- Brass Bailed Latch
- Two Top Access Storage Areas
- Collapsible Handle
- Latch is very secure
- Can hold a lot of stuff
- Neither too big nor too small
- Can be used for storing other things
- Suited for freshwater and saltwater fishing
- Some trays are too shallow
- Some partitions do not fit the storage box
2. Ready 2 Fish Tackle Box
This fishing tackle box is also made by Plano, but this time, we have a two-tray box which also includes 132 pieces of mixed tackles. You can get split shots, poly stringers, tail grubs, floats, BB, jig heads, bait holder hooks, curl tail worms, and other tools.
This product has a total dimension of 14.2 x 8.5 x 7.5 inches. It is crafted with a sturdy plastic material and is equipped with a collapsible handle. The top part has a lot of ridges and deep curves that can also be used as temporary storage for tackles while you are currently fishing.
The latch is also made of plastic and has a flip-up and flip-down mechanism, so the design of this box is leaning towards a more traditional tackle box. With that said, this can only be used on saltwater fishing trips. Inside, the trays are divided into several compartments of different sizes.
- Two tray tackle box ships with 132 pieces of assorted tackle that are vital to be carried to your fishing trip
- Includes a fishing guide is with handy tips for the beginner or novice
- Box has divided compartments to keep things in place
- Made from sturdy material to offer extended durability
- Blue tackle box is lightweight and portable
- Simple and handy
- Extremely spacious
- Perfect for beginners
- Fluid sliding motion
- Box stays balanced even when opened
- Comes with multiple tackles and manual
- Latch is not secure enough
- Not fit for professional anglers
- Some tackles may not be useful
- Only good as a supplementary tackle box
- Cannot be used for freshwater fishing trips
- Problems with consistency, some designs are lopsided
- Quality control problems some boxes delivered without fish tackles
3. Wakeman Fishing Single Tray Tackle Box
As the name suggests, this tackle box comes with just one tray that offers a lot of additional space. It can also be removed completely to gain access to the huge built-in storage compartment underneath. This box has an overall dimension of 12.75 x. 7 x 5.5 inches, while the depth of the primary box is 4.25 inches, and the removable tray is 1.25 inches.
The Wakeman Fishing Single Tray Tackle Box comes with multiple plastic latches that open up to the main compartment and the shallow spaces at the top. With this design, you have the ability to open only the area where the items you need are stored. Additionally, it has a collapsible plastic handle.
Along with the box, you can also get some fishing essentials such as spoon crankbaits, plastic fishing lures, line weights, assorted sinkers, round bobber floats, hook remover tools, line clippers, fishing line, standard hooks, snelled hook, and jig head hooks.
- EASY ORGANIZATION- The Wakeman Outdoors Tackle Box features a lid with built in storage compartment for quick and easy access to fishing gear. The single tray inside offers additional storage and removes from the box to give you access to the space below
- EASY TO CARRY- Anglers of every age will find this easy to transport to the water. The multiple latches help to secure all contents inside the tackle box and the collapsible handle helps for effortless transport and storage.
- ESSENTIALS INCLUDED- The kit comes with standard, snelled and jig head hooks, spoon crank bait and plastic fishing lures, assorted sinker and line weights, vertical pole float, round bobber floats, line clipper, hook remover tool, fishing line and more.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Product Dimensions: tackle box outside: 12.75 inches (L) x 7.00 inches (w) x 5.5 inches (H), tackle box Primary box depth: 4.25 inches, removable Tray depth: 1.25 inches.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- Wakeman Outdoors is committed to providing consumers with the absolute best price and value on our products. NOTE: This is an exclusive product and ONLY tackle box kits by Wakeman Outdoors are GUARANTEED to be genuine
- Easy to use
- Has a lot of space
- Can be used by kids
- Perfect for beginners
- Fish tackles are useful
- Available in multiple colors
- Latches can break off easily
- Not ideal for professional anglers
- Handle can come off easily
- Some fish tackles have very childish designs
- Prone to bruising, scratching, and cracking
Which One to Get
Although each of the product above can accommodate multiple items in one go, for us, the winner is the Ready 2 Fish Tackle Box. That is because, sometimes, it is best to go mid-range.
With this option, you can get the best features of the other two competitors. What you have is a spacious box that is durable, but at the same time, you also have fish tackles.
Still, the Ready 2 Fish Tackle Box is not perfect because it is viewed as a beginner’s tackle box. However, professional anglers can still make use of it as a subsidiary to their main tackle box. With that said, this will be perfect for beginners as the features of the box are straightforward.
The best feature that we loved is that it doesn’t tip over even if the trays are fully-opened. This makes it very functional and convenient since you do not have to close the box every single time. It can just remain open, so your fish tackles can be ready to use anytime.